Listed below are common support issues. If you don’t see your problem, or have web changes, complete the Support Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email is not being received
How do I cancel my services?
Our policy asks for written notice that includes your request to terminate services. If you want us to work with a third party to facilitate the transition, please include their name and contact information along with verbiage that gives us permission to cooperate fully with their requests to transfer your service away from CWS.
Written notice should come from an email account you’ve previously used to correspond with us. If we receive a change request directly from a third party (such as your incoming service provider), we’ll contact you to ask for written permission to cooperate. We do this for your protection and ours, to eliminate potentially harmful and fraudulent change requests and we greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
It is CWS’ policy to promptly and professionally address these transfer requests, assuming all undisputed balances are paid in full.
Please note that expired domain names are not eligible for transfer until they are returned to active status.
If the time we spend assisting with a transfer of service exceeds one hour of time, we will invoice you for the additional time.
Website changes aren't showing up
- Refresh the page using F5 or Control-F5 (most times will force a browser refresh including cached files)
- Clear your computer’s cache (find the directions by searching “clear cache” then the name of your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Try from a different computer, a computer in a different location (from home or the library), or view from a phone or tablet
If you made the change, then make sure you saved the page before exiting or uploaded the changed file. If you’re still having a problem, create a support ticket – be sure to provide the full URL to the page with the issue.
WordPress - how do I log in?
Here’s an example: mywebsitename.com/wp-admin/ (change “mywebsitename.com” to your domain name).
Enter EITHER your Username or your email address and the password we sent you when the account was set up.
If you forgot your password, see “WordPress – I forgot my password”
WordPress - I forgot my password
WordPress - Training and Help
Our Professional and Premium Hosting Packages include general WordPress help videos accessible in the WordPress administrative dashboard (WP101). If you prefer personalized help, we offer custom-made instructional videos starting at $99. The videos can be downloaded and viewed as often as needed.
One-on-one WordPress training is available too, but we recommend the custom-made video – the cost is about the same (or less) and you get to keep the recording.
- WPBeginner.com is a great free resource to learn more about WordPress.
- Join a local WordPress Meetup group (it’s free) and ask questions.
- The WordPress Codex is a wealth of information for more advanced users.
- If you didn’t find what you’re looking for, please let us know.