If you are running out of storage space in your Google Workspace account, there are several ways to free up space.
- Clean up your mailbox: Delete any emails that are no longer needed, archive old messages, and empty your Trash and Spam folders.
- Delete any unused documents: If you have any documents, spreadsheets, presentations, or other files that are no longer needed, delete them to free up storage space.
- Empty Google Drive Trash: If you have deleted any files from Google Drive, they will be stored in the “Trash” folder. Empty the Trash to delete them permanently and free up additional storage space.
- Delete large or duplicate files: If you have any large files (over 50 MB) or duplicate files, you should delete them or compress them to save space.
- Optimize your storage: Use Google Drive’s “Optimize storage” option to automatically free up storage space by moving large files and non-essential items (such as cached images and email attachments) to the cloud.
- Upgrade your account: If you have exhausted all of the above options, you can upgrade to Google Workspace Business or Enterprise.
Listen to this post